Psst, I have a secret to tell you. Yeah, you! If you didn’t know, Aloe Vera is the best-kept secret to having beautiful, glowing, younger looking skin. Today I am going to share with you some of the many benefits of incorporating Aloe Vera into your daily beauty and hair regime.
I often get mistaken for being 19-22 years old but I am 29 pushing 30. Every time I tell people how old I am they’re like “no way, really? You look so young?” (side note) when did 29 become a senior citizen age? haha.
I have bought two Aloe Vera plants over the years and they both died. Lol. Don’t judge me. Well, if you’re like me and have a hard time taking care of your plants then I highly recommend buying the aloe leaves from your local Central Market, Whole Foods, or HEB. You can also buy it in the liquid form as well and apply it to your face with a cotton ball in a circular motion and the results will be the same. I love the Aubrey Organics brand.
I only cut a piece of the leaf off and peel the skin and store the gel in a container in the refrigerator. I apply it to my entire face two –three times daily. I do not rinse it off or use any other products with it after I apply it.
I compiled a list below of some of the many benefits of Aloe Vera for external usage:
· Aloe helps keep acne at bay. Since I’ve been using aloe vera on my face I have noticed a reduction in acne break outs.
· Fades dark spots from old acne scars.
· Heals burns
· Reduces pore size
· Reduces puffiness around eyes. If you’re like me and you’re a night owl, rub a piece of aloe vera under your eyes every morning to minimize puffiness and dark circles.
· Minimizes the appearance wrinkles
· Soothes sunburns
· Relieves itchy scalp
· Promotes hair growth
· Leaves hair smooth and shiny
· Hydrates and conditions hair
· Tames frizz
This plant is truly heaven sent! How do you incorporate Aloe Vera into your beauty and hair regime?